Messenger Troubleshooting Procedures
This article provides links to procedures which can be very helpful in resolving a variety of issues with Yahoo! Messenger. Please understand that these procedures will be helpful to you, even if your particular issue is not listed below. It is particularly helpful in resolving issues with:
- Incorrect Status, stealth, and Ignore List
- Display name or alias appearing incorrectly
- Instant Message (IM) conversations
- Problems with Webcam or video
- Poor Audio
- Updates, and other Messenger features
- Missing or grayed options or menu items
- Other unexpected behavior
Here are the troubleshooting steps for common Messenger issues. We recommend you follow these steps in the order listed:
- First, since Yahoo! Messenger works with your Web browser to connect to the Internet, start by Resetting your Web Browser Configuration.
- To continue troubleshooting, your next step should be to Clear your Messenger Cache.
- If your issue persists, you will want to Uninstall and Reinstall Yahoo! Messenger.