How to chat with your Facebook friends from Yahoo! Messenger 11
Linking your Yahoo! and Facebook accounts to add contacts and chat with friends in both networks.
To chat with your Facebook friends, you first have to link your Yahoo! and Facebook accounts. You can do this from within Messenger by completing the "Link to Facebook" flow. This flow can be initiated from two places. You can either:
- Click the Link to Facebook banner within the main window, or
- Open the Messenger | Preferences | Connected Networks tab and then click the Add Facebook button.
Once you have linked your Yahoo! and Facebook accounts, you can use the following procedure to sign in to, or out of, Facebook Chat:
- Click the Messenger menu, or right-click the Facebook Friends contact group.
- Select Sign in to Facebook Chat or Sign out of Facebook Chat.
When you are signed in to Facebook chat, just double-click a Facebook friend's name to start a conversation.
- When chatting with your Facebook friends through Yahoo! Messenger 11, you will appear as "Online" in your your friends' Facebook Chat window. However, Facebook users will not have any indication that the person they are chatting with on Facebook is using a non-Facebook client.
- If you have elected to archive your Yahoo! Messenger conversations, please be aware that conversations with your Facebook friends will not be stored in your Yahoo! Messenger archives.
Note: You can only link your Facebook account to one Yahoo! account at a time. If you try to link it to a second account, you will receive a message stating that the account is already linked. You need to unlink the current account before linking a different Yahoo! account to the same Facebook user account.