Unable to see one of the Video Stream Windows during a Video Call
This document describes what to do when you can't see the video calls streaming.
There could be several reasons why you can't see one of the video stream windows during a video call. Check the following items to see if any of them apply to your situation:
- Webcam connection: If you have an externally connected webcam, check the connection.
- To test your webcam, please visit the help article "Testing Your Webcam For Video Calling" for more information.
- Check that you have everything set up correctly for video calling by reviewing the help article, "Getting Ready to Make Your First Video Call."
Now, start a new video call to see if it's working.
If you continue to experience the same issue, you can send our engineers your diagnostic log files for analysis. These log files can show us if Yahoo Messenger is functioning properly. Yahoo Messenger has an embedded reporting tool that makes this a simple procedure.
Here's how to send diagnostic log files with the embedded tool:
- Click the Help menu and select Report a Problem to Yahoo. This will activate diagnostic logging for Yahoo Messenger on your computer.
- Start another video call with your contact.
- Once the problem occurs again, click the Help menu and select Report a Problem to Yahoo.
- Select Video as the category and under "Problem," select the appropriate option.
- Type a short description of your problem in the field provided.
- Click Send. This submits your log files. This will send us your diagnostic log files and our engineers will be able to use them for analysis of your problem.
- Click the Help menu again and select Turn Off Diagnostic Logs.
- Click OK.