How to protect yourself from unwanted contacts in Yahoo! Messenger for Mac
This article describes what to do if you have received an unwanted contact and would like to delete them or add them to the Ignore List.
To delete a contact, hold down the Control key and click the contact's name, then select Delete. Make a note of the Yahoo! ID for this contact if you also want to add them to your Ignore List.
To access the Ignore List:
- Click the Yahoo! Messenger menu and select Preferences.
- Select the Privacy tab.
- Select the Ignore List tab.
- Select one of the following options:
- Ignore anyone who is not on my Messenger List.
- Ignore only the people below.
- Edit the Ignore List:
- To ignore someone, click the Add (+) icon.
- To unblock someone, select the Yahoo! ID and click Remove (-) icon.
- Close the Preferences window.
- Ignoring people will not block incoming add to contact list requests.
- They won't be notified that they have been deleted or ignored.
- The contacts you ignore will not be able to send messages to you and you will always appear offline to them.
- You cannot delete yourself from another person's contact list.
- You can ignore up to 300 contacts.