Can't See All of My Friends in Yahoo! Messenger List
This article gives troubleshooting steps for when you are unable to find a contact in your Messenger List.
You should try adjusting these settings, here's how:
- Select the Messenger menu | verify whether the Contact Action Bar option is selected.
- Go down to the Contact Action Bar | verify whether the Show Offline Contacts option is selected.
Note: If it isn't selected, you will only be able to see your friends if they are online.
- If those options didn't work: select the View menu | look for Show Only Online Friends.
- Verify that this option is not checked.
Note: If it is checked you won't be able to see all of your friends.
Another possibility is that you may have accidentally ignored your friend's ID. Both you and your friend will need to follow these steps:
- Select the Messenger menu | select Preferences.
- Under Category, select Ignore List.
-Your list of ignored contacts will display at the right.
- Verify that your friend is not listed under Ignore only the people below.
Note: If your friend is on this list | select their name | click Remove.
If you still can't see your friend, try removing your friend from your Contact List, then re-adding them. Again, both you and your friend will need to follow these steps:
- Right-click on your friend's name | select Delete.
- Select the Contacts menu | select Add a Contact.
- Follow the steps to add your contact.
Note: Remember to use your friend's Yahoo! ID when you add them.