How to use IntoNow
This article explains how to identify a TV episode using the IntoNow app and explains some of the other features.
To tag a show, tap the green button with the TV on it when your favorite show is on, and we’ll identify the show and episode, providing info and associated links and making sharing on Facebook and Twitter a breeze. IntoNow works with almost any programming that’s currently on television or has aired on television in the last five years.
Features for Tagged Shows:
Twitter Pane -- tap the bar/button marked Twitter, bringing up a screen of related tweets, divided by "People" and "#Related".
- "People" are actors, crew members, and the official screen-name of the show (if it exists).
- "#Related" is the official hash-tag (if it exists) or the hash-tag most commonly associated with the show.
Discussions -- tap the bar/button marked Discussion and join other fans in a forum style discourse.
To add a post:
1. Tap the pencil-in-a-box icon in the upper-right corner.
2. Title your post according to the new topic you want to start.
3. Write up your insightful commentary and then tap Create in the upper-right corner.
If you change your mind about posting, you can tap the cancel button in the upper-left corner of the discussion pane. You can also add a "Capit" to the conversation by tapping the filmstrip on the lower-left of the discussion window. Be sure to tap the Mark as spoiler button in the lower-left corner of the discussion post window if you’re chatting about anything that might ruin the show for others.
To delete a post:
1. Tap the comment you’d like to remove.
2. Tap the edit button that appears in the upper-right corner.
3. Tap the green circle that appears next to your comments.
4. Tap Delete in the bottom-center of the pane.
- If you’re watching this show at a different time than everyone else, you might not want to find out what happens before you actually see it on your screen. To filter out the spoilers, tap the Hide Spoilers button in the upper left corner of the discussion pane.
- If you’re leaving a comment or a Capit that might ruin the show for people watching later, be a good citizen and mark your post as a spoiler by tapping the Mark as spoiler button in the lower-left corner of the discussion post window.
Once you’ve tagged a show, you’ll be taken to discussion at the episode level. Comments added here will show up once someone tags the same episode you did. If you’d like a broader discussion of the show, you can discuss it at the show level by tapping on the show name as it appears in Popular, Activity, Profile, or many other places. From the general show pane, you can tap on a recent episode to move back into the episode level discussions.
If you’d like to leave a comment for your friend’s eyes only, start a chat group.
Chat (iOS only) -- tap the Chat button on the left-hand side, bringing up the chat pane.
- To create a new group, tap the + in a chat bubble, bringing up an options window. From here you can add friends, change the group name, and select a show picture to represent your group.
Capit -- create your own meme based on screen captures from the show you’re watching.
To create a meme once you have tagged a show:
1. Tap Capit in the menu bar, bringing up the Capit window.
2. Choose a screenshot from the left-hand side. That image is now chosen as your meme-to-be.
3. Tap the image again to add captions to the top and bottom of the image.
4. After you’ve captioned your image, you can tap "Send" in the top corner to share it with your friends in the app, or you can tap the Facebook/Twitter icons in the lower right corner to share it to those sites.
- The unlocked padlock in the lower left corner is letting you know that anyone in the app can see your Capit. To change that setting, tap the lock, which now appears closed, and that particular Capit with only appear to your friends.
- You can also create a Capit in chat. Capits created here will be shown in line with your chats as well as shown in the Capit section for the show.
External Links -- you can find useful links for the most popular shows at the bottom of the show pane.
Note: if an external link leads to a Flash page, it will only be visible on Android devices as iOS does not support Flash.
External links may include:
- IMDb – the Internet Movie Database entry for the show.
- Official Site – the official webpage for the show, if it exists.
- Wikipedia – the Wikipedia entry for the show.
- Facebook - the official fan-page on Facebook.
- Shop – the online store where you can purchase official merchandise.
Activity tab -- provides a rundown of what’s been happening on IntoNow. See your friends' shows and comments.
Popular -- see the most-tagged shows for a given period of time. You can toggle between shows your friends have tagged and the shows everybody has tagged.
Profile -- edit your information and view your friends'.
To view your profile page, tap Profile in the left navigation bar. You can view your friends' profiles by tapping Friends on your profile page, then selecting the portrait of an individual friend.