Fantasy app troubleshooting - iPhone
This article gives you the steps to reinstall the app, delete the app, and has a link to Apple Support.
If the Fantasy app fails to launch, or produces an "Unable to connect" message, please try these steps, one at a time, until you find one that resolves your issue:
- If the app has not auto-refreshed after a minute, tap the Refresh icon in the upper-right side of the app. You may have had just a temporary loss of connection.
- Open your phone's Web browser and try loading "sports.yahoo.com" to confirm whether you have Internet access.
- Force stop the app:
- Exit the app by tapping the Home button
- Double-tap the Home button
- Tap and hold on the Fantasy app icon
- Once the icons begin to vibrate, tap on the on the Fantasy app icon to close it
- Tap the Home button
- Wait a couple of seconds, then restart the app
- Restart the phone. It's possible that other running apps have taken up too much of your phone's resources, and restarting the phone will clear them.
- Reinstall the app following these steps:
Deleting the app:
- Locate the app icon on your device desktop, then press and hold down on the icon. The icon will 'shake' and an 'X' will appear in the upper left corner of the icon.
- Select the X. You will then be prompted to confirm the deletion, tap the Delete button.
- Once the app is deleted, the icons on your desktop will continue to 'shake' until you select the Home button.
Note: When installing the app, it is recommended that you use a good Wi-Fi connection, as the process will go faster, and the connection is more consistent, however, it is not required.
- Open the App Store and select the search feature in the upper right corner of the page.
- Search for the particular app (Football, Basketball, Baseball).
- Select the INSTALL button for the app. You may be prompted for your password. Once the password is confirmed, the installation will automatically begin.
We also recommend that you visit Apple Support - iPhone Troubleshooting Assistant. By going through the steps via the assistant, it will instruct you how to reboot your iPhone and will resolve common syncing and network issues that may interfere with the functionality of the app.