Problems accessing Yahoo! Mobile webpages
This article should help you resolve the following issues:
- Can't access Yahoo! Mail on my mobile device.
- Mail isn't displaying properly on my mobile device.
- Can't send emails from my mobile device.
- Why am I getting an invalid ID or password error?
- Unable to get to Yahoo! Mobile on your mobile phone or device.
Service quality can vary depending on time, location, device, and mobile operator coverage. However, the following steps should help resolve the most common problems when trying to access Yahoo! Mobile webpages:
- Step 1: Make sure you are accessing Yahoo! Mobile directly from our Mobile webpage.
- Step 2: Download Opera Mini:
- Follow the downloading instructions.
- Launch the Opera Mini browser.
- Select the Yahoo! link in the bookmarks section.
- You will connect with the new Yahoo! Mobile Front Page.
- Step 3: In your phone's browser configurations and settings, clear the cache on your device. This will resolve most issues with bad or old data saved for the Yahoo! Mobile website. Please check your phone's operation manual to get the exact steps to perform this function.
- Step 4: If your phone's browser allows saving browser cookies, clear these cookies on your device. This will resolve most password issues. Please check your phone's operation manual to get the exact steps to perform this function as steps vary between phones and phone browser applications.
- Step 5: If you are prompted to download a file, it may be an issue with your phone's browser. Yahoo! Mobile does not require a download of any special software. If you have an email attachment, you will be prompted to download the file attachment; however, this is not a file created by Yahoo!. If you are prompted to download a file to your phone, this will require further investigation. Please reply to this message and let us know if you have tried any of the following:
- Hard Reset
- Soft Reset
- Reset Browser Settings
If you continue to encounter issues accessing Yahoo! Mobile Web services and have tried the steps above, please select Get Help on this page and provide the following information:
- The exact steps you are taking to access the Yahoo! website, including the URL you are trying to access.
- The browser you are using.
- The complete text of any error message you are receiving.