How to start a topic thread
To start a thread, follow these steps:
- Choose a category and board for which you would like to start a topic/thread. For example, to start a topic/thread about healthy cooking, follow this path: Top > Health & Wellness > Fitness and Nutrition > Healthy Cooking
- On this page is a list of all the boards within this category. Click the board where you would like to create your topic/thread.
- You will see a list of all the current topics/threads within the board. If there are no topics/threads relevant to your subject, click the Start a New Topic/Thread button near the top of the page.
- If you have not signed in, you are prompted to do so. If you do not have a Yahoo! ID, register for your free ID and then sign in.
- You'll be sent to the "Start a Topic/Thread" page. Choose your identity, fill in the subject of your thread, and type a message.
- Click the Preview Message button to give your message a final review and then click Post Message and your message becomes the first message in the topic/thread.
Note: In the Message Boards Beta there are some boards that do not allow you to create new topics/threads and therefore the "Start a Topic/Thread" link is not visible. If you would like to start new conversations in these boards, click the Return to Original link at the top of the page and you can post your messages on the current Message Boards. We apologize for the inconvenience.