Using POP with Yahoo! Mail in Microsoft Outlook 2007
To set up POP for Microsoft Outlook 2007:
- Go to Tools and Account Settings – below the E-mail tab click New.
- Choose E-mail Service. Click on the Microsoft Exchange, POP3, IMAP, or HTTP radio button.
- Click the Manually Configure Server Settings or Additional Server Types check box. This will automatically fill in all of the required fields.
- Click Next.
- Click on the Internet E-mail bubble, then click Next.
- Enter the following information:
- Your Name: Display Name you want to use, for example, Jo Bloggs
- Email address: Full email address, for example, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Incoming Server: pop.mail.yahoo.com
- Outgoing Mail server: smtp.mail.yahoo.com
- User name: The first portion of your email address, for example, email@example.com
- Password: Your email account password. Put a check on the "Remember Password" checkbox if you want your username and password to be remembered whenever you access your account in Outlook 2007.
If your mail server requires SMTP Authentication, follow these steps. If you are not sure if your mail server requires SMTP Authentication, please contact your hosting company or ISP:
- Click More Settings.
- Navigate to the Outgoing Server tab.
- Check My Outgoing Server requires SMTP Authentication.
- Click OK.
- Click Next.
- Click Finish.
Note: If you would like to leave your messages on the Yahoo! server while popping mail to Outlook, please follow these steps:
- After starting Outlook go to the Tools menu and then select Account Settings.
- Select your account and the click Change.
- In the new window click on More Settings. On the Advanced tab tick the option for "Leave a copy of messages on the server."
- Then click OK to save.