How to upload a photo to a group
This article describes how to add a photo to a group. Included is the maximum photo files size, total size of an upload batch and the photo formats that are compatible with our system.
Just as with other kinds of files, you can easily upload photos from your own computer to your group’s page, where they’ll be available for other group members to see. If you want to upload images you’ve taken with a digital camera, you have to download them to your hard drive before you can upload them to your group page.
To upload one or more photos to your group’s page:
- Click Photos in the left navigation bar of any group page.
- Click Add Photo in the upper-right corner of the window.
- After choosing an existing album or creating a new one in which to add your photos, click Next (at either the top or bottom of the window).
- Click Select Files and choose one or more photos that you want to upload from your computer.
- Type a new name for the photo or use its current name, and click Open.
- Click Upload.
- If you use the basic uploader, click Browse to find each file you want to upload and after you’ve found them all, click Add Now.
- Macintosh users: Before clicking Add Now, make sure you add the suffix .jpg to the end of the photo’s file name (for example, imagename.jpg).
- When all the photos you selected have finished uploading (indicated by green checkmarks), click View Your Photos. You’ll see thumbnail images of all your photos.
Photo files restrictions:
- The photos you upload must be in one of these image file formats: .JPEG, .GIF, .BMP, or .PNG.
- No single photo, whether uploaded alone or in a batch, can be larger than 10MB (Megabyte).
- You cannot upload more than 100MB of photos in a single batch
Note: There’s no limit to the total number of photos allowed on a group’s page or the number that an individual member can add.