Unable to view web feature content
This article explains why some web feature content in a group may not be viewable. Web features include: Files, Photos, Members, Polls, Database, Links, Calendar, and Promote.
If you are having problem viewing files or other content in a group, the problem is usually caused by one of three factors:
- You are not logged in or not being recognized as a member of the group.
- You do not have permission to access the content
- You are having problems opening a file posted to the File sharing or Attachments
For more details on what causes each of these scenarios, please see the descriptions below.
You are not logged in or not being recognized as a member of the group.
If you see links in the left hand navigation that are not clickable, it means one of two things:
- You are not logged in. To login, simply click Sign In in the upper left hand corner of the page.
- You are logged in but are not being recognized as a member of the group. You will know this is the case if you see a “Join This Group” button on the home page of the group.
There are two possible explanations for not being recognized as a member:
- It could be because you’re currently an “email only” member of the group or that you’re a member of the group with a different Yahoo! ID. Either way, you can use the Membership Wizard to become a full web access member:
- Or, it could be that you simply aren’t yet a member of the group (or perhaps intentionally or unintentionally had your membership removed). To become a member, click the Join this Group button.
You do not have permission to access the content
If you do not see a “Photos” link in the left hand nav bar or you can get to the Photos section of the group but there is no “Add Photos” link, it means that you do not have permission to post to the group. This is because the moderator(s) of the group have decided not to give group members permission to add photos.
If this is the case, you will have to contact the moderators of the group to ask them to change the settings by sending email to GROUPNAMEemail@example.com (replacing “GROUPNAME” with the actual name of the group).
You are having problems opening a file posted to the File sharing or Attachments
Since Yahoo! Groups doesn’t do anything to change or convert files that are uploaded through the Files feature or attached to email, if you are having problem opening a file it is usually because the file was uploaded without an extension or your system lacks the necessary programs to open the file. Unfortunately, Customer Care cannot help you resolve this particular issue.