Posting messages to a group
Learn how to post a message to a group via email or via the group's website.
To post via email:
- Open a new email message.
- Enter email@example.com into the "To:" field.
Note: Substitute the actual name of your group (not case sensitive) for "groupname" in the address.
- Enter your message content into the email body.
- Send your email to submit your post.
Note: You can only post to groups you've joined, and only from email addresses registered with Yahoo! Groups. If you misspell the name of a group, or attempt to send an email from an account other than the one you joined with, your message won’t be delivered. If you receive a failure notice, verify that you are using the correct email address and try again.
To post via the web:
- Sign into Yahoo! Groups.
- Select the name of the group you wish to post to.
- Select Post.
- Enter your message content.
- Select Send Message.
Note: Yahoo! Groups restricts messages to 15 megabyte in size to prevent abuse. This includes both the message body and the attachment. Occasionally, email clients and ISPs will add additional data to messages, so always be sure to send messages that are smaller than 15 megabytes.