Joining a Yahoo! group
Learn each of the methods someone can use to join a group in Yahoo!.
There are three quick and easy ways to join a group in Yahoo! Groups:
- Go to the group’s page.
- Respond to an invitation to join.
- Join the group’s mailing list.
If you’re not sure which group you want to join, start by browsing the Yahoo! Groups Directory or by searching for a group by topic.
To join a group:
- Find the group you want to join.
- Select the group’s name.
-The group's page will be displayed.
- Select Join This Group! in the upper-right corner of the page.
-If you’re not already signed in to your Yahoo! account, enter your Yahoo! ID and password. If you don’t have a Yahoo! account, you can create one by selecting Create New Account on the sign ine page.
- On the "Join This Group" page that appears, set your membership preferences (e.g., The public profile you want displayed to the group, how and where you'd like group delivered, etc.).
- Select Join in the lower-right corner of the page.
To respond to an invitation to join:
- Open your email invitation from the group you’d like to join.
- Select Join this group!
- On the page that appears describing the group, select Join the group.
Note: If you'd prefer to simply receive emails from the group instead of joining, select Join the mailing list (or follow the instructions below).
If you’re unsure about joining a particular group, you can try it out by signing up for the group mailing and you will only receive email messages from the group. However, when you’re only on the mailing list, you can’t access the group's web features (e.g., Photos, files, links, polls, or calendar).
To subscribe to a group's mailing list via email:
- Send a blank email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Be sure to replace groupname with the actual name of the group (e.g., email@example.com).
- Reply to the confirmation email that you receive from the group to activate your subscription.
To manage your groups and settings:
Once you have joined a group, you can manage and edit your groups and subscription settings at any time. Learn how using our Managing your group memberships help article.