How to improve play with abusive players
Learn ways to minimize the impact of abusive players in Yahoo! Games.
To improve your play experience:
- Use Ignore to mute abusive players:
- Double-click the player's name in the room or table list.
- In the new Player Information window that pops up, check the Ignore box; and you'll no longer receive chat messages from that person.
- Change your chat profanity filter setting:
- In the game room window, select Options.
- Under the Profanity Filter heading, choose your preferred filter strength:
- None means no profanity filter.
- Weak catches common offensive words.
- Strong catches those words plus the use of dashes and underscores between letters.
- Block unwanted invitations:
- Select Options in the game room window.
- Check Decline All Invitations. The "Decline All Invitations" checkbox also appears on all incoming invites.
- Receive instant messages from your friends only: On any incoming game instant message, check the box next to Allow Instant Messages from My Friends Only.