Adding and editing holdings in a portfolio
Learn how to add or edit holdings (tickers, symbols, securities) in a Yahoo! Finance portfolio.
To add or edit holdings information in a watchlist portfolio:
- Sign in to Yahoo! Finance and open a watchlist portfolio.
- Click Add/edit holdings. If you do not see "Add/edit holdings" but do see "View transactions", you are viewing a transactional portfolio. Please see our help article about adding holdings in a transactional portfolio.
- In the "Add/Edit Holdings" page, add any holdings that you want to track or edit existing holdings. For each purchase of a holding, you can add or edit:
- Trade date
- Number of shares owned
- Price paid
- Commission fees
- Low and high limits
- When you’re finished, click Save.
Tracking multiple lots: If you want to track multiple lots of the same symbol (for example, you have purchased YHOO at two different times each at different prices), make one entry for each purchase.
Deleting or reordering holdings:
- To learn how to delete holdings information, see our help article about deleting holdings information.
- To learn how to reorder your portfolio holdings, see our help article about sorting and reordering.
Note: At this time, Yahoo! Finance does not support importing holdings information; holdings detail must be entered manually.