Fixing Stock Screener and MarketTracker problems on PC
An effective troubleshooting step for display problems with Stock Screener and MarketTracker on Windows is to uninstall and reinstall Java.
- Copy these steps to a text file on your computer for reference.
- Close any open programs you may have running, including your web browser. You may leave the text file open.
- Open the control panel. Depending on your OS and configuration, click:
- Start | Settings | Control Panel.
- Start | Control Panel.
- Open the “Add/Remove Programs” option in your computer. Depending on your OS, the option may be different:
- In Windows XP, click Add or Remove Programs.
- In Windows Vista, click Programs.
- In Windows 7, click Programs and Features.
- From the list of programs, select a Java entry, e.g. “Java 7 Update 13.” (Not every version of Java will begin with "Java," so be sure to read each entry in the list.)
- If you see: J2SE Runtime Environment listed, uninstall this also.
- Depending on your OS, click the available option:
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the uninstallation of the Java program.
- Repeat steps 4 through 6 to remove all Java entries.
- Once all Java entries have been removed, restart your computer.
- Proceed with reinstalling Java.
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Go to "http://www.java.com/en/"
- Click the option to download Java.
- Follow the prompts to install Java.
- Re-launch the Stock Screener or MarketTracker application.