About Streaming Quotes and Real-Time Quotes
- Where to find and how to manage Streaming Quotes.
- The difference between Streaming Quotes and Real-Time Quotes.
- How to subscribe to premium Real-Time Quotes.
Streaming Quotes -- a feature that continuously streams stock quotes and exchange data across Yahoo! Finance pages, while markets are open.
Turning Streaming Quotes on or off:
- Visit any quote summary page.
- In the upper-right, click the Streaming gear icon.
- Next to "Streaming Quotes," click OFF to turn the setting on.
Note: You may also adjust the Ticker Tape on/off setting from this menu, if available.
How often Streaming Quotes updates data:
- Streaming Quotes updates data continuously while markets are open.
- For users who are signed in, Streaming Quotes data update in real-time where available.* If unavailable in real-time, the streaming data are delayed by 15-20 minutes. Learn more in this help article about free real-time data (which is different than the premium Real-Time Quotes subscription described below).
Real-Time Quotes is a premium subscription service that offers our most comprehensive real-time data (available only to U.S.-based customers). A subscription to Real-Time Quotes includes:
- Streaming real-time data direct from the major U.S. exchanges.
- Access to the MarketTracker application, which includes real-time news, charts, and quotes.
To learn more about the premium Real-Time Quotes service and to subscribe, please visit the Real-Time Quotes sign up page.
You might find these articles useful:
- Troubleshooting problems with Streaming Quotes.
- If you are a subscriber to the premium Real-Time Quotes service: Troubleshooting problems with MarketTracker.
*For subscribers to our premium Real-Time Quotes service, quotes are real-time and sourced from the primary listing source (NYSE, Nasdaq and NYSEAmex).