Converting a watchlist portfolio into a transactional portfolio
Learn how to track transaction history in a portfolio.
To convert a watchlist portfolio into a transactional portfolio, you will need to add transaction history to the watchlist portfolio. Here’s how:
- Sign in to Yahoo! Finance.
- Open a portfolio.
- To the right of the portfolio name, click Edit.
- In the bottom right, click Add transaction history. If you see only an option to "Edit transaction history," this means the portfolio has already been converted to a transactional portfolio.
- On the "Convert Portfolio" page, you may enter transaction information for your holdings:
- Each column you can edit is listed as either "required" or "optional."
- Any symbols for which you exclude share or price data are removed from the portfolio.
- At the bottom of the table, you can adjust the cash amount in the cashlines of your portfolio.
- To learn more about cashlines, please refer to our help article about managing cashlines.
- Click Continue. You may review your changes before finishing.
- Click Convert.
- There are now two portfolios, and their names have changed:
- The new transactional portfolio keeps the original name of the converted watchlist portfolio.
- The watchlist portfolio that you converted is still available but is now named: "Portfolio name (old)," where "Portfolio name" is the original portfolio name.