Troubleshooting browser and display issues in Yahoo! products
Addresses common browser problems relating to:
- Old/outdated webpage content
- Cookie setting error messages
- Webpages hanging or freezing
- Not seeing new content / content not updating
- Online applications or games not responding
- Buttons not working
These issues may be caused by browser settings or third-party programs, including:
- Add-ons, plug-ins, or third-party browser extensions that provide browser function customization
- Browser cookie settings or cached pages
- Security programs for antivirus, antispyware, or firewalls that block website scripts for enhanced website features
If one or more Yahoo! products are not functioning properly, we recommend reviewing the following troubleshooting steps, as most browser-related issues can be resolved by:
- Performing the steps in each of the help articles linked below, starting with the first article.
- Testing to see if the article's troubleshooting steps resolve the problem before moving to the next article.
Note: If none of the troubleshooting articles assist in resolving the problem, contact us for help.
Troubleshooting steps for browser problems:
- Disable browser add-ons and plug-ins
Many browsers have optional upgrades or enhancements commonly known as "add-ons" or "plug-ins." They are often used for toolbars, news/stock tickers, instant messaging, weather/email alerts, antivirus/antispyware managers, or games. Both add-ons and plug-ins can cause problems with Yahoo! product features and/or functionality.
- Clear your browser's cookies and cache
Clearing your cookies and cache can help with many types of browser functionality issues, sign-in problems, error messages, webpages hanging or freezing, content not updating, or browser applications (like games) not responding.
- Temporarily disable antivirus, antispy, and firewall products
Security programs can sometimes cause problems with Yahoo! product features and/or functionality as they may certain scripts that provide Yahoo! products with enhanced features.
- Check Internet Explorer Compatibility Mode settings
- Test with another Internet browser
- Test from another computer
Note: This final troubleshooting step helps to identify the causes of problems.
If these steps do not fix your problem, please contact us for further assistance. In your report, please include:
- A thorough description of the problems you are experiencing.
- The text from any error messages you are receiving.
- The steps you have taken so far in your attempt to resolve the issue.