What to do if your account is repeatedly locked as compromised
There are a couple of different reasons why our system may continue to think your account has been compromised:
- If our security system believes that your password is insecure, you will be asked to change it.
- If multiple emails are sent from multiple geographical locations in a short period of time, you will be prompted to change your password.
- If you have been traveling recently and have accessed the account from multiple locations, this could be seen as suspicious.
- If you use software like "Anonymizer Universal" to protect your online identity, we recommend that you disable such software before accessing Yahoo!.
- It is also possible that this password prompt is in error, and no intrusion has occurred in your account.
If none of these situations apply to you, and you continue to receive a message stating that you need to change your password, please contact Customer Care.