Recognizing a legitimate Yahoo! sign-in page
When you are required to enter your Yahoo! ID and/or Password, you can always verify you are on a legitimate Yahoo! sign in page by looking for two specific features:
- The URL (Web Address) for all genuine Yahoo! pages that ask you for your Yahoo! ID and/or Password will always contain "yahoo.com".
- Look for your Sign-In Seal or the message "Protect Your Account" to create a Sign-In Seal. A Sign-In Seal is a secret message or image that you can load to your computer so you'll know you are on a legitimate Yahoo! Site.
- You may see multiple different versions of the sign-in page, depending on the computer you use to access your account.
- See our article on Using the Sign-in Seal, if you would like more information or if the sign-in seal image is not appearing.
- Clearing or deleting your cookies, will cause you to lose your sign-in seal and it will need to be recreated.