Understanding ads on Yahoo! Search
Describes how and where ads appear on the Yahoo! Search Results page.
Information about ad display in Yahoo! Search:
- Ads are displayed in Yahoo! Search results that link to websites providing more information about products or services.
- The words you enter in the search box determine which advertisements are displayed.
- For example, if you search for digital cameras, you will see ads — labeled as "Sponsored Results," "Sponsored," "Ads related to digital cameras (the words you entered into the Search box)," "Ads," or similar — for websites that sell or provide information about digital cameras.
- Yahoo! determines which ads to display based on a number of factors, including:
- Relevancy to your search.
- Historical data concerning which results have been of the most interest to people who have performed searches similar to yours.
- Yahoo! generally receives some form of revenue from all ads, although the revenue may be generated in different ways.
To learn more, please visit Search Advertising on advertising.yahoo.com.