How to sign up for a Yahoo! ID
In order to utilize many Yahoo! products and features (like Yahoo! Mail) you must first sign up for a Yahoo! ID.
To sign up for a Yahoo! ID:
- Using a web browser, visit the Yahoo! Registration page.
- Enter your first and last name.
- Enter your desired Yahoo! ID.
- Your new Yahoo! ID must be 4 to 32 characters in length, begin with a letter, and may contain letters, numbers, and up to one dot (.).
- This will be your Yahoo! Mail address once registration is complete.
Note: If your desired domain and Yahoo! ID combination is available, the field will be bolded when you progress to the next field.
- Enter a password.
- Your password must be 6 to 32 characters in length, and is case sensitive. Be sure to use a strong, secure password.
- Confirm your password by re-typing it.
- Enter your birthday, gender, language, country, and postal code information.
- Be sure to enter accurate information, as this information may be used at a later date to resolve issues accessing your account.
- Using the drop down menu, select your country phone code.
- Enter your mobile phone number.
- Enter an alternate email address.
- All communications from Yahoo! will be sent to your alternate email address, including information to help you recover your ID or password.
- Click Create my account.
To sign in with your new Yahoo! ID:
- Go to the Yahoo! homepage.
- Click Sign In at the top of the page.
- Enter your Yahoo! ID and password, and click Sign In.
After you've signed up, you can use this Yahoo! ID and password for all of Yahoo! services.