Overview of the Yahoo!7 Search Results Page
This article describes the layout and features of the Yahoo!7 Search results page.
The Yahoo!7 Search results page displays a number of features to assist you in finding the answer your question. The search results page is separated into different sections displaying the following information:
Top of the Search Results Page
- Search Box Area – Displays the following:
- The search terms you entered.
- The Search button to start your search.
- The Yahoo!7 SafeSearch shield icon. Click on this icon to edit your Search Preferences.
- Choose from the Options pull-down menu to set up your Yahoo!7 Search preferences page or to go to Advanced Search.
- Directly under the Search Box is displayed the results on the search term you entered.
- Yahoo!7 Search Direct will instantly open when you enter your search terms and display additional links based on your search term. Hit the ESC key to close Search Direct.
- Search Tabs – Click one of the search category tabs to change the type of search results returned; the More tab displays more search categories links.
The left side of the search results page displays the search refiners. The search refiners that are displayed relate to the search term that you entered in the search box. The search refiner terms are collected anonymously from across the web.
The first filter that will be present on the search results page is FILTER BY TIME. FILTER BY TIME provides the ability to narrow or broaden your displayed search results. The default filter Anytime is the most regularly used. Past day, Past week, and Past month narrow and display the search results based on selected time.
Additional search refiners that can be displayed include: TRENDING SEARCHES, RELATED SEARCHES, RELATED ALBUMS, RELATED ATHLETES, RELATED PEOPLE, RELATED SPORTS TEAMS, RELATED MOVIES, RELATED TV SHOWS, and RELATED POINTS OF INTEREST.
A Yahoo!7 Shortcut is an efficient way for Yahoo!7 to get you the information you want. Yahoo!7 creates these Shortcuts in different forms and places them throughout the search page so that you may have instant access to some of the most useful links to content and information available from Yahoo!7, its partners, or across the Web. Yahoo!7 designs these Shortcuts based on a number of factors including, relevancy to your search, data concerning which results have been of the most interest to people who have performed searches similar to yours, as well as the availability of rich, relevant Yahoo!7 content.
Some of the content may also come from partners who pay to be included in Yahoo!7 through participation in one or more affiliate or lead generation programs, or who have another financial relationship with Yahoo!7.
Web Results are the most relevant web pages discovered by Yahoo!7 Search in response to your search terms.
Note: Your Yahoo!7 Safe Search settings will affect the results displayed.
- "More results from …>>" refiners. These links can be found at the end of a search result.
- Web Results are generated from the billions of web pages discovered, crawled, and indexed by Yahoo!7 Search.
- If the results aren't what you are looking for, please try some of our Yahoo!7 Search Tips.
- Enhanced Results are enhancements that are made to Web Results that cause the Web Results to have a different look and feel, and may include multiple subcategories, images, and other content. Some of these enhancements are sourced directly from the sites included in the Web Results, and some may have been provided to Yahoo!7 as part of our participation in one or more affiliate or lead generation programs. Depending on the circumstance, Yahoo!7 may derive revenue from the Enhanced Result listing.
- These results are advertisements.
- The advertisers ask to have their ad appear when you enter specific words in the Search box. For example, if you search for digital cameras you might see Sponsored Results for websites that sell digital cameras.
- Sometimes these results are enhanced with images, text entry boxes, or other structured content.
- The Yahoo!7 Search results page distinguishes Sponsored Results from standard web results so that you can tell them apart. These Sponsored Results are also identified as "Sponsored Results" or similar.
Also Try (Top and Bottom of the Search Results Page)
Depending on your search term, the related search links may display various combinations of your search term with other search words. Clicking any of these links will change the search term entered in the search box and display new search results based on this term.