Can't sign in to Messenger after changing Yahoo!7 account password
Learn how to manually update your password in Messenger if you used "Remember my ID & Password" on the Yahoo!7 Messenger sign in screen.
If you selected "Remember my ID & Password" on the Yahoo!7 Messenger sign in screen:
- Messenger stores that sign in information until you manually go back in and change it.
- Therefore, if you change your Yahoo!7 account password, Messenger will not automatically update it.
- Manually update it: You will need to enter your new password manually in to Messenger.
To manually update Yahoo!7 Messenger with your new account password:
- Open Yahoo!7 Messenger.
- On the main Yahoo!7 Messenger sign in screen, clear out your Yahoo!7 ID:
- Select your Yahoo!7 ID in the Yahoo!7 ID box and press Delete on your keyboard.
- Clear out your old password:
- Select your password in the Password box and press Delete on your keyboard.
- Type your Yahoo!7 ID and new password in the Yahoo!7 ID and Password boxes.
- Leave the Remember my ID & password checkbox checked, if you wish.
- Click Sign In.
- Avoid an account lockout: If you have tried to sign in to Yahoo!7 Messenger with your old password, wait a few minutes before going through the sign-in process again with your new password to avoid a lockout situation.
- In order to protect your account, Yahoo!7 sets a limit on the number of unsuccessful sign-in attempts allowed in a set period of time.
- If that limit is reached, Yahoo!7 sends a security message to the account owner stating that the account has been locked for security reasons.
- This lockout expires after 24 hours, or you can try to unlock your account by following the steps in our help article about receiving an account locked error message.
- If you are having sign-in problems, but not getting an account locked error message: If you are having problems signing in to Yahoo!7 Messenger, see our help article about troubleshooting tips for Messenger sign-in issues.